Monday, November 3, 2008

Pre-Baja Epic

Although the race doesn't start until Wednesday, tomorrow I drive to Rosarito to check in. I'm starting to get a bit anxious. I drove to SD on Saturday after watching Wendy race her mtn bike at McDowell - I expected to see an entry on the blog, but no luck so far :-)

I been visiting friends and family all day yesterday and today. I'll do a short ride tomorrow here in Ensenada then drive to Rosarito. Everyone is asking about the race, everyone is amazed at the distances and I'm just shrugging it off as no big deal. I'll guess I'll find out in a couple of days. My goal for the race is top 5, but I'll shoot for top 3 as a stretch goal. I have no idea how many people (or who) will be in my category but I have high expectations.

Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck. I'll try to update the blog as often as possible, but I don't think I'll have access to a computer or the internet every night.

No comments: